Buy a Custom Wooden Sign Made to order online.
Quality wooden signs with modern or rustic appeal.
Popular wooden signs online include:
- Bar Signs & Man Caves, Outdoor BBQ areas
- House Signs, Family Names, Farm Gate & Garden Signs
Carved wooden signs add character and personality to any area
More details below – Environmentally Friendly!
Unlike most modern day signs with square cut edges, these unique rustic timber signs are hand carved around the edge then emerised, adding character. Or you can order a sign with square cut edges if you wish.
The letters are engraved into the timber then the sign is shaped and finished by hand. Buy a personalised sign for your loved ones.
Thousands of happy customers.
Huge variety of fonts for your wooden sign – Pics below.
All my outdoor wooden signs are finished with natural oils, Not poisonous spray on chemicals. Custom made sign shapes, house numbers, direction arrows, wall plaques. Anything is possible, let your imagination run wild, if you provide me with a basic outline or clip art I should be able to trace it into the timber. Bar signs, man cave signs, shed signs, bar & grill and more…
I’ve probably made over a thousand signs since I started selling online in 2004, so don’t be afraid to ask for that wacky sign you’ve been wanting, trust me, I’ve made some weird ones, some are even quite rude but hey, each to their own, right?
More pictures will be added here soon. Please fill out the order form on this page if you would like to receive a quote. Your details will be kept secure and I will never use your email for spam or forward on to third parties for market research. I hate that kind of thing myself so I would never do it to my customers.
Made to order then posted express to you!
Is there someone you know with a new house, shed or bar? Even outdoor BBQ settings can be an ideal place to add character or personalise by adding a hand made wooden sign carved and weathered unlike any other signs available. People are delighted to know it was carved just for them!
A personalised wood sign or country style sign makes a great gift idea for a new house, shed, workshop, farm property, or bar. A price guide will be added to this page soon. Usually they are between $150 – $300 depending on final size and details. Please fill in the form and I will reply with a free quote and example of fonts to choose from.
Indoor timber bar signs look great when engraved in old English, Western, or InkPen font. You will be emailed a picture for approval before I start making.
Personalised rustic wooden signs make anyone’s bar look great & adds so much character to the area. If you know someone who loves their bar then you simply must have a personal sign made for them. Don’t be afraid to ask for a strange or weird word for your wood sign, I’ve had many requests for unique signs and I’m more than happy to help.
Get a personal gift that will be remembered by your loved ones for many years to come – Every time they look at it they will think of you! The gift that keeps on giving.
Man Cave Signs
One of my most popular wooden signs. Order one for your man today, he will love you for it and as an added bonus you may even get him out of the house more often.
Large Carved Cedar Signs
Custom made and personalized for you. Great for rural properties, farm gates or large blocks. This one was designed to hang from chain over a driveway entrance.
Pics coming soon.
Chunky & Thick Timber crafted with character. Large country signs are made using a different technique and require thicker timber and deeper letters, they are priced on an individual basis according to size – Contact Andrew for a free quote.
- Solid timber — Quality Western Red Cedar.
- We use Sustainable Plantation timber only.
- Timber is made to look rustic & weathered.
- 3D Lettering Characters and pictures are carved deep into the timber. Choose from a huge variety of fonts.
Scroll down for details & how to order or use the contact form above and describe exactly what you would like.
Choose from 43 fonts or if its not on this list, let me know and I will get it for you.
If you can’t decide from this list, I will send you an example of your sign in 43 fonts when ordering.
For price & options please read below then fill out the form on this page.
Rustic Signs with unique carved edges
Sign Order/Enquiry. Please use this form to enquire about a custom made sign & see examples of your sign sent to your email. Some fields are optional, the red asterisk marks the required fields.
OUTDOOR rustic wood signs are made from high quality, weather resistant, Red Cedar finished with 2 coats of outdoor furniture oil (a blend of natural tung oils & beeswax). Signs can be maintained by re-applying oil or left to weather to a beautiful silver grey (instructions are provided with sign).
INDOOR rustic wood signs are a little less expensive as they can be made from New Zealand Pine and finished with polyurethane. You can also choose a Cedar sign for indoors, just let me know so I know what finish to use. The decking oil can be quite a strong aroma if used indoors; some people love it, others have complained so I’m just letting you know, but ultimately the decision is yours.
Some people ask for their sign to be scorched a little for the burnt old vintage look, I can also add a little stain for more depth of colour just let me know – pics coming soon.
PLEASE NOTE: Most customers choose Cedar even for indoor signs due to its beautiful colour & grain texture enhanced by the finish on natural timber. Pine looks even better over time as it ages in my opinion, more like the Baltic Pine you see in old furniture. Pine is not recommended for outdoors.
Our signs feature unique carved edges unlike any other sign available.
Sure you may find cheaper signs but that’s not what I do. Ours are unique and no two are the same because the edges are carved with a human in control of the shaping, not a machine. I’m not interested in mass producing for maximum profit – pumping out boring signs that all look the same.
Oils ain’t Oils – Decking Oils Today
I put extra time into making your sign look just the way you want it and use only the highest quality materials and natural oil blends, which have been used by humans to preserve timber for 1000’s of years. This may take a little longer to apply compared to a quick spray on marine varnish but it’s worth the extra time to use traditional proven methods. Plus, I don’t want to breathe fumes all day and support the petroleum industry, they have enough money already! Marine Varnish and most modern finishes are full of plastic.
Why take a nice piece of wood then cover it in a thin layer of synthetic-toxic-plastic from industry?
Doesn’t make sense.
Anyway I better not get started or this will go on forever. Any questions about why natural decking oil is better, just ask me. This applies to your decks as well. I won’t mention brands but people should be aware that most modern decking oils are still called oils but they are full of plastic as well, they actually contain very little if any natural oils. Don’t risk it with your deck, if you’ve ever put it on. You know how patchy this plastic oil finish can become over time and it’s a real hassle to get it all off then refinish with proper traditional natural oils.
Prices ($AU for standard size sign up to 800mm). This is a guide only. Larger sizes quoted in email.
Discount for a large amount of text. Timber Choices for Outdoor Signs – Red Cedar with quality flat black enamel and carved out lettering. Aussie made decking oil from Byron Bay – Organoil.com.au. Organ Oil exterior with tint (UV stabiliser)
Price Guide – Outdoor Signs
$140 plus lettering $6 for each letter carved, no charge for extra long sentences. (Pictures extra depending how much work is involved.)
Price Guide – Indoor Signs
NZ Pine – Polyurethane Interior spray finish (Wattyl) $95 plus lettering $6 for each letter carved.
Postage & Packaging
- $25 Flat rate for standard signs to anywhere in Australia. (standard sign length is roughly 600-800mm depending on length of characters and font chosen.)
- Large signs longer than 950mm will have to be posted via courier which can get expensive depending on your location
- International orders please ask for P&P quote.
Your wooden sign is carefully wrapped in at least 2 layers of bubble wrap and recycled paper to ensure it gets to you undamaged.
I try to use recycled packaging materials when available.
Environmentally friendly wooden signs.
Finished with natural oils & waxes.
Sustainable for our future!
Multiple sign orders or large corporate signs such as motel, hotel, pub or bar signs welcome (a discount may be available for multiple orders)
Large signs for park lands, council signage, or golf courses.
Signs can be ordered with screw eyes for hanging, please click option in sign order. Pics coming soon sorry.
Screw Eyes fit into pre-drilled holes in the top edge of sign. Available in Black Painted, Brass Plated or Zinc Plated (choose in the form).
How to order your own personalised sign.
You’re only a few steps away from having your own unique wooden sign.
- Simply fill out the order/enquiry form so we can have all the details to work out a quote. – Enter the text you want carved into the sign and choose an indoor or outdoor sign etc. Please write it as you would like it written. – Normal or all upper case – e.g Andy’s Shed or ANDY’S SHED.
- You choose from a selection of font examples that will be e-mailed back to you (usually within 48 hrs) unless I’m very busy.
- You can then choose the font from a selection of 43 examples that I will send you through e-mail, then I will send back a draft picture of what your sign will look like for approval. You may even choose your own font from 1000’s available online – websites like www.fonts101.com or www.dafont.com show some good examples, just let me know the font name and I may already have it. Once you approve the font and payment, I start carving the sign & design one especially for you.
- Your sign is packed with plenty of bubble wrap and recycled brown craft paper. Signs are posted usually within 2-3 weeks from ordering/payment. If you need it sooner you must let me know when ordering and I may be able to move you up the waiting list.
- Sign arrives at your doorstep ready to hang and enjoy for many years to come.
Sizes and details of my wooden signs
- These hand carved wooden signs can be made any size you require for indoors or outdoors although most I make tend to be around 500-700mm length by 190mm height. The thickness is usually around 20mm
- Photos of larger (rural property) signs below – Thicker Cedar is very expensive, however.
- Why choose a rustic timber Cedar sign? The character of a timber sign will actually improve with age, they catch people’s eyes & people love to read them.
- Most modern day signs are made by machine these days and lack character of natural wood. These signs stand out in a world of boring machine made objects, you’ll be glad you ordered such a unique gift for your loved one.
- To have something custom made with care takes time.
- My outdoor timber signs are made from Western Red Cedar – a timber known for its extreme long life outdoors and anti rot characteristics.
- Many sign makers will use fake or inferior timber which will rot faster than real Cedar. They also use chemical spray on poly finish instead of natural oils. Spray on finishes are much quicker to apply but will not last as long, once they crack or peel water penetrates the top layer making things worse.
- Oil finishes soak into the timber and will nourish the fibers, the water will bead off the surface like a duck’s back. It also enhances the grain and provides a beautiful color.
- I refuse to take shortcuts in the timber industry simply to cut costs, I believe in traditional natural methods, if you’re after a cheap bargain please look elsewhere.
- Please understand there is usually a 3 – 4 weeks waiting list for my rustic signs, I also make boxes and other custom made items which can sometimes keep me really busy.
Andrew Wilkerson – Designer & maker of fine boxes and signs.
AUSTRALIAN WORKSHOP CREATIONS has been online since 2004. All content on this website including text and pictures are the property of the website owner. Please contact Andrew if you would like to reuse them in anyway.
He’s usually pretty cool with it, just ask first.